A Truly South African Company. Truly Empowered.
MOTHEO CONSTRUCTION GROUP
Motheo currently operates in South Africa, no other countries.
We would never charge a fee to be employed, interviewed or recruited.
Please beware of fraudulent job offers.
MOTHEO CONSTRUCTION GROUP VACANCY Quantity Surveyor – Civils (Reference Number: MCGC02)
Motheo Construction Group is an Employment Equity employer that gives preference to suitable candidates who add to the diversity of the company
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial evaluation of tenders.
- Estimating and providing contractual advice and evaluation.
- Preparing Cost reporting and managing cash flow.
- Resolving contractual and commercial problems.
- Discovering and rectifying areas that are not in-keeping with regulatory practices.
- Conducting Risk assessment
- Ensuring that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations.
- Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contracts are clear to all parties.
- Overseeing Jnr QS KPIs
- Management/mentoring/training of junior Quantity Surveyors.
- Develop quantity surveying processes and standards within a business.
- Ensure proper commercial closure of projects.
- Ensure timeous conclusion of all contract documentation and payment of guarantees.
- Manage and monitor legal issues through liaison and briefing of the relevant legal team.
- Budget and Capex planning involvement.
- Preparing documentation for principal and sub-contract procurement.
- Prepare pro-active cost estimates for variation orders.
- Attending regular site meetings.
- Adjudicating and resolving financial claims by contractors.
- Establishing and maintaining a financial control system.
- Preparing valuation for payment certificates.
- Concluding final accounts.
APPLICABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A relevant BSc/Btech or National Diploma in Quantity surveying.
- Professional Registration (SACQSP PR. Registered) and assessment of Professional Competence.
- At least 6 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor of a medium to large company.
- Excellent IT skills and working knowledge of relevant software (Microsoft, CCS and Build Smart).
- Experience in large civil projects.
- A valid South African Driver’s licence and own transport.
JOB RELEVANT PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Strong business acumen accompanied by good entrepreneurial insight.
- Excellent negotiation skills and presentation skills.
- Financial Management skills (budgets, costing, forecasting & reporting etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Excellent technical knowledge within the Civil environment is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels and must be a team player
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Sebina Mohlakoana, on or before 15 June 2022.
Motheo’s current BEE rating
B-BBEE LEVEL 1
Motheo's current Gradings
9GB PE, 9CE PE, 7EB PE, 8EP PE, 8ME PE, 7SF PE